This policy is made compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and is therefore also compliant with Directive 95/46/EC and national implementations thereof until the current directive becomes obsolete on May 25, 2018.
The terms “you” and “user” as used herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing the Site for any reason.
“Personal Data” means information that specifically identifies an individual or that is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
This policy is based on the following data protection principles:
- The processing of personal data shall take place in a lawful, fair and transparent way;
- The collecting of personal data shall only be performed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- The collecting of personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they are processed;
- The personal data shall be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date;
- Every reasonable step shall be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- Personal data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of the data subject for no longer than it is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data are processed;
- All personal data shall be kept confidential and stored in a manner that ensures appropriate security;
- Personal data shall not be shared with third parties except when necessary in order for them to provide services upon agreement.
- Our primary purpose for collecting Personal Data is to provide you with the services and features in relation to information on remuneration and benefits.
- salariesinmalta.com collects Personal Data when data is shared with salariesinmalta.com. salariesinmalta.com may also receive Personal Data from employers, business partners and other direct users.
- We collect your Personal Information through the use of surveys and when you email us your details. Depending on how you interact with us, the personal information we collect from you may vary. This information may consist of your e-mail address; job title; type of employment; type of contract; salary information; FS3 or payslip; year of birth; nationality; gender; Highest Educational Achievement; annual gross salary; fixed annual compensation, including: value of company car, car cash allowance, other fixed allowance; bonus or commission entitlement; annual benefits, including: health insurance cover, health insurance includes family, life insurance, memberships (professional & lifestyle), communication allowance, qualification allowance, on call allowance (standby), overseas travelling allowance, housing allowance, schooling allowance, other Allowance; current employer; years working within the company; and Sector.
- When you visit our website the following information will automatically be processed and this solely for the use of this company:
- The requested web page or download;
- Whether the request was successful or not;
- The date and time when you accessed the site;
- The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site;
- The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
- The Google Analytics Advertising Feature of Demographics and Interest Reporting has been implemented on www.salariesinmalta.com. This means that Google Analytics will be gathering demographic (ie. age and gender) and user interest category preferences when users visit the website. This information is gathered when users browse Google partner websites, through a Google advertising cookie in the user's browser. These cookies help to understand the types of pages that users are visiting. Salariesinmalta.com will use demographic and interest category data to create content and services which better target its users and will in no way use this data at the detriment of its users. Should users of salariesinmalta.com like to opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Feature, they can do so from their personal Google Ad Settings, after logging into their Google account, or by downloading the browser extension.
How we use your Personal Information
- Your Personal Information is processed by us to provide you with the Service. In particular, we collect your Personal Information in order to enable us to:
- collate individual compensation information with other similar data in order to generate aggregate remuneration and benefits data;
- to contact you about service related announcements.
- If you do not wish to receive communication from us you have the option to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Purchase/subscription history together with other data submitted might remain in our archived records but is not used in ways that are publicly displayed. Please refer to Clause 8 for more information on data retention. Any remuneration information you may have provided us with, will be kept in our database and will continue to feature in reports in an aggregate anonymous format.
International visitors and customers
- If you are visiting the website from a country outside of the European Union with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from EU law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to Malta, which may not have the same data protection laws as other countries outside of the EU. By providing your personal data, you consent to:
- The transfer of your personal data to Malta as indicated above.
- The collection, receipt, transmission, storage, disposal, use and disclosure of your personal data is governed by any applicable laws and regulations in force under Maltese law and that any disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.
Information sharing and disclosure
- he user binds itself not to copy, modify or disseminate all or any portion of the aggregated data results, reports or material taken from the website or owned by salariesinmalta.com, or use the results to develop, enhance or market products that are in direct competition with any of the services provided by salariesinmalta.com.
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Data Subject Rights
- We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right for information;
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
- If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you, you may contact us by sending a request to email@example.com. We will acknowledge your request within seventy-two (72) hours and handle it promptly. We will respond to these requests within a month, with a possibility to extend this period for particularly complex requests in accordance with Applicable Law.
- You may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law, insofar as this does not affect the legitimate interests of the company.
- In accordance with Applicable Law, we reserve the right to withhold personal data if disclosing it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. Moreover, we reserve the right to charge a fee for complying with such requests if they are deemed manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your information. Integrated steps to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of systems and services processing personal information, and will restore the availability and access to information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
- All data transmissions between your browser and the salariesinmalta.com service are protected by an encrypted connection industry-standard procedures. However, since no data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We also enforce data privacy and security protocols and train all employees on these policies to best protect data from accidental or unintentional exposure, improper distribution or potential theft. When entering sensitive information (such as email addresses, passwords, and credit card information), salariesinmalta.com uses industry security measures including encryption secure socket layer technology (SSL) to protect data transmissions. Please note that this is not a guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software and no liability shall attach to salariesinmalta.com for a security systems breach or any other breach of security measures.
- If Salariesinmalta.com learns of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this web site or providing Personal Data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. We may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. Salariesinmalta.com may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us for these circumstances.
- We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with our service, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, as follows:
Personal data collected is to be erased from software if it is no longer needed. Personal Data collected shall be retained for a maximum period of ten years following the date on which it was processed. On expiry of this period, the data is then to be erased. Moreover, once payslips are processed they are deleted from the system.
- In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
the period of retention of personal data will be ten years.
- We shall not be held liable for any aggregated data results which are not in accordance with the users’ expectations.
- The user hereby accepts that salariesinmalta.com shall not be held liable for the disclosure of any data that was already public knowledge or was required to be disclosed by any authority or by court order.
- salariesinmalta.com shall endeavour to ensure to the best of its ability that all data collected shall be protected from external sources through the use of normal and general business industry standards for online security and backup. The user hereby agrees and acknowledges that salariesinmalta.com cannot provide any guarantee against attempts to breach such online security and the possibility of third parties accessing such data. The user therefore agrees and accepts to hold salariesinmalta.com free and harmless from any loss or divulgence of data and any claim in relation to the loss and/or divulgence of such data, where any such loss or divulgence is not the result of negligence in using normal and general business industry standards.
- If you have any questions concerning this Site or its policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
salariesinmalta.com and this Site are owned and operated by Integrated Talent Ventures Co Ltd, a limited liability company duly registered and existing under the laws of Malta, with registration number C47130, having its registered office at Capital Business Centre, Level 2, Entrance C, Triq Taz-Zwejt, San Gwann, SGN 3000. If you have any questions concerning this Site or its policies, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Modified: May 7th 2018